Friday, November 30, 2007

I dub thee, Sir Ducky

It's amazing what duck tape can do in the field.
Really.

And it's also amazing what people can think of you in the field... An Asshole went from being an asshole, to "a useful kinda guy" to have around...

Of course, that wouldn't be the case unless someone had a wardrobe malfunction..

I think I've said enough.

As for the injustice mentioned earlier, I feel that, I might as well quit that position, Again, this is probably just me blowing off steam and the usual teenage depression/angst thing. But it seriously is looking more and more like its not worth the effort.

I don't know really. And am trying to make sense of it all. I'd like to quit on a high note, but it's not looking too good. The system has been screwed.

But, I'd think this quote covers it.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around. What do you see. Business men, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it. Were you listening to me Neo, or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?"

Or

"what you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken. Understand? Then hit me if you can.... Good. Adaptation, improvisation. But your weakness is not your technique."

And the best for last

"Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself. Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now! You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?"

Neo: "Because I choose to."

No comments: